We are working with a prestigious society publisher with offices in London and Leicester who are looking for an Academic Publishing Manager to join their senior leadership team. The role can be carried out on a hybrid basis from either office location.
This role will be heavily involved in the management of the relationships with publishing partners, editors and authors for an exciting portfolio of STM journals, books and periodicals. Responsibilities will include:
- Working in conjunction with the Publisher to establish the journal portfolio, setting targets for article output, commissioning and special issues
- Meeting with journal editors to action the portfolio strategy and revise the scope of individual journals
- Monitoring journals performance and working closely with the Data and Analytics team to provide market insights and produce data reports on readership and popularity of content type
- Overseeing delivery of annual development plans for each allocated journal, including budget, open research initiatives and proposed changes to editorial boards
- Monitoring book publishing projects to ensure the book programme runs smoothly in line with strategy
- Implementing D&I initiatives to increase diversity among editors, peer reviewers and authors
- Establishing and nurturing relationships with stakeholders, partners and external agencies
- Managing budgets and compiling annual publications budget and reports
We're looking for candidates who have had experience of working within scholarly publishing, ideally in STM fields; we need experience working with the journals publishing process, including peer review, and working with Editorial Boards and committees. If you're looking to move up in your scholarly publishing career, this could be a great opportunity for you!
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.