Calling all media sales professionals: we have a fantastic new Account Manager role with a leading publisher of academic journals! Based in either London or Heidelberg (Germany) and working from the office 2-3 days a week, this role will look after advertising sales revenue across the full range of journals.
The Account Manager will sit at the heart of a vibrant global sales team, and be responsible for:
- Selling display advertising and other products within the portfolio across print and online publications
- Managing allocated key clients, developing strong market knowledge and gathering insights on business strategy and structure
- Building long term business relationships within the assigned territory via sales calls and client visits
- Working closely with other commercial departments within the company
- Attending events, industry conferences and exhibitions
This is a proactive sales role, and it will suit someone with strong interpersonal skills and ideally some experience selling digital advertising or sponsorship solutions. Some knowledge of academic/STM publishing is highly desirable, though not essential, and knowledge of another European language is also an advantage.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.