A highly prestigious not-for-profit publishing organization based in the Cambridge area is looking to recruit an experienced Accountant to assume overall responsibility for the day-to-day accounting function of the organization. The Accountant will be responsible for preparing monthly management accounts, and preparing the annual trading budgets. This role will also be responsible for managing the annual external audit process. Reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, this role will also manage a small team. Our client offers a hybrid working arrangement.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and reporting on monthly management accounts
- Preparing year end statutory accounts
- Working with the Commercial Finance manager, producing annual budgets
- Reviewing and monitoring internal financial processes and procedures
- Monitoring of treasury balances and liaising with company bankers
- Monthly payroll preparation
- VAT return submission and VAT compliance work as required
This role will work in a dynamic, inclusive and fast-paced environment in a friendly team, where the ability to multi-task will be essential.
The successful person will be qualified to ACA/ACCA or equivalent and will have some demonstrable experience in a commercial environment. You will have a sound understanding of budgetary management and the experience to line manage a small team. You will have a pro-active approach with strong analysis and problem-solving skills, along with great organizational skills and the ability to prioritise your work.
If you are looking for a new role in a highly interesting organization, we would love to hear from you.
For further details, please send your CV outlining your salary expectations.