Are you an experienced non-fiction Editor, looking for an amazing new opportunity where you can bring your valuable commissioning experience and develop a fantastic new list of narrative non-fiction titles as their Acquisitions Editor?
This super new role will give the successful person the opportunity to build and develop a wide author list and acquire new titles as well as develop proposals for books and pitch at meetings.
What you’ll be doing:
- Contributing to the creation and planning strategy to develop your list
- Building and developing wide author lists
- Developing proposals for books and pitching
- Forging strong relationships and networking with agents and authors to build on acquisitions
- Evaluate proposals and develop ideas for new books
- Be involved with negotiations around the books, before and after acquisition
This is must-have role for a self-starter who is passionate about illustrated non-fiction books and who has a strong track record in commissioning non-fiction/lifestyle books. You will be an ideas person with a strong commercial instinct and a reputation for being successful for spotting new trends and new ideas ahead of time. You will have a strong network of industry contacts and a clear understanding of the book’s vision, with the ability to pitch it appropriately, and understand the commercial opportunity it presents.
If you are looking to work with one of the leading illustrated non-fiction publishers in a not-to-be missed opportunity, please send your CV and a short cover note as soon as possible.
This role will start off working remotely with the option of flexible working from home up to 3 days a week when restrictions allow.