Are you a commercial non-fiction Editor with commissioning experience and with an eye for spotting trends? A leading illustrated publisher is expanding and is looking for 2 x Acquisition Editors to join their non-fiction division in central London. The Senior Acquisitions Editor will be shaping an exciting new narrative non-fiction list and the Illustrated Acquisitions Editor will develop a best-selling illustrated gift/lifestyle list. These London-based roles will start remotely with the option to work from home up to 3 days a week once restrictions are lifted.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acquire new titles and pitch new ideas for the non-fiction illustrated and narratives lists
- Work with in-house teams, packagers and freelancers
- Champion new titles and approaches with the sales and marketing teams
What you’ll have:
- Commissioning experience in non-fiction- lifestyle/gift books (illustrated acquisitions editor) or topical narrative non fiction (narrative acquisitions editor)
- Established relationships with authors and agents
- Excellent project management and budgeting skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- A good visual sense and eye for detail
- Ability to spot new trends and develop commercial ideas
Closing date for applications: Thursday 17th June at 10am
If that sounds like you, please get in touch with Claire Carrington- Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 3574 4431.
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.