JOB DESCRIPTION Background:
Agilio Software Group is the UK’s largest provider of back office, compliance, and workforce solutions in primary care and dental.
We have ambitious and exciting growth plans and are looking for talented individuals to be part of our journey.
To undertake literature searches, proofread and manage clinical content. You will also work with content management software in order to import, export and manipulate text.
You will be responsible for:
- Literature searches for clinical topics
- Proofreading clinical topics and e-learning
- Ensuring content is correctly imported and presented on the CMS and LMS to agreed style.
- Helping to train colleagues to use the CMS and LMS
- Liaising closely with authors, external reviewers, product owners and external customers
- Managing schedule, and liaising with presenters, for videos and webinar content
- Supporting editors to develop and manage content.
The skills and experience which we are looking for in our information specialist are: Essential
- A degree or postgraduate qualification in Library/information science (or significant equivalent relevant experience working in an academic, health or special library setting).
- Knowledge of medical terminology for varied topics and conditions.
- An understanding of the principles of evidence-based medicine, evidence hierarchies and different methodological study designs used in health research.
- Extensive experience developing complex search strategies (e.g., using the PICO framework) and conducting comprehensive searches of bibliographic databases (such as MEDLINE, Embase) using controlled vocabulary (e.g., MeSH), a variety of free-text terms, as well as validated filters for identifying varied methodological study designs.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and manage own workload and development without close supervision.
- Experience working as an Information Specialist in a health setting.
- An awareness of supplementary search approaches (including web searching and citation chasing) for the identification of relevant references.
- Experience documenting search strategies to ensure transparency and reproducibility of search processes.
This is a full-time role based in Newcastle, hybrid, or fully remote.
Job type: Full-time, temporary maternity cover for 1 year. some out of hours work may be required from time to time.
Salary: Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced pension
- Health Cash plan
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- A range of flexible benefits available through our Agilio Flex portal
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team, we look forward to receiving your application!
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org