Executive Editor, LEGO® Books
To oversee and grow the children’s LEGO® Books publishing list working closely with the Publisher. LEGO® Books publishes a programme of innovative playful reading experiences that captures the LEGO® spirit in print, digital, and audio.
We are looking for a dynamic Executive Editor to head up three lines of LEGO® Books publishing: children’s fiction, novelty, and activity. The Executive Editor will oversee a creative team of editors, will collaborate with Design, Managing Editorial, and Licensing teams, and will personally edit a portion of the fiction list to bring our books to market. This position reports to the Publisher and will also work closely with the Concept Development team to build an international publishing program that meets both creative standards and commercial needs across a variety of physical and digital formats. The role is based in the UK or US and would involve travel (when permitted) to publisher meetings in Poland and Denmark.
The ideal candidate has licensed and/or trade publishing experience and a proven track record leading and inspiring a creative team. We’re looking for a self-starter, someone who is equally inspired by working with entertainment companies as with world class authors and illustrators in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Shape and grow the fiction list for original narratives, brand new IP, and inspired by/tie-in stories across multiple formats (picture books, readers, chapter books, novels, comics, graphic novels, new technologies, etc.)
- Manage and work closely with editors on title process and work flow, from concept to finished book, including back cover copy, cover design, and book schedule management
- Serve as the key liaison and creative editorial voice between AMEET/LEGO and our US co-publishers
- Strategize on how to best use shared assets across the publishing lists, especially activity, novelty, and custom
- Mentor junior staff and help them achieve their career goals
Knowledge, qualifications and experience
- 6-8+ year’s publishing experience in children’s editorial overseeing direct reports
- Required skills: clear communication, organization, multi-tasking, attention to detail, ability to take initiative, staff management
- Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook
For 30 years AMEET has published books that inspire young readers and fire their imaginations and creativity. With offices in Poland and Germany, we also have creative and sales hubs in the US and UK. AMEET is the LEGO Group’s partner for LEGO® Books, launched in 2019, which includes a publishing programme spanning novelty books and digital picture books for the youngest readers to middle grade fiction, activity books, audio originals, and illustrated nonfiction for adults. We have an international sales team that sells to over 50 countries and are proud to publish some of the world’s most beloved brands.
Please send your CV and application to email@example.com