UK Book Promotion Executive
UK Book Promotion Executive
Remote (UK only; Office in Nottingham UK), Full-Time (part time considered for candidates with the right experience)
Aconyte Books is the dynamic and award-winning new publishing imprint that brings worlds to life. A part of international games group Asmodee, our mission is to publish fiction and non-fiction books set in the rich worlds of fantasy games, comics, computer games, and more.
We are looking for a stand-out marketing executive to tell the world about our books. Working to an agreed promotions schedule, created in in partnership with our US-based sales director and publicity coordinator, you will run our social media and other communications,. You will liaise with our UK sales partners so they have all they need to sell the books. You will support book reviewers and other useful fan-side partners. There will also be opportunities to help organise and attend events, from instore book launches to prestigious game and SF conventions.
The challenges in this role will be to understand the books and convey their unique qualities to our sales partners, to key media partners, and especially to fantasy readers and gamers alike. You will need a warm personality to engage with fans, as well as a talent for copywriting and creating effective materials. The schedule will be busy and the budgets modest, so creativity and drive are equally essential. Ideally you will bring demonstrable previous experience of promoting books via social media, including paid promotions, and knowledge of the book trade.
For the right talented person this is an amazing opportunity to join a well-supported imprint as it grows and thrives, and contribute directly to its success. We maintain an office in Nottingham if you happen to be local to us, but we allow remote working from anywhere in the UK – so this is also that rare publishing job that will allow you to avoid the extra financial burden of working out of a London HQ.
To apply for this position, please take the time to craft a cover letter which explains what makes you who you are, what skills and experience you bring, and why this is the job for you. By all means attach a current CV as well.
We look forward to hearing from you – apply today!
What does this role involve?
- UK & US PROMOTIONS – Publicise our books
- Collaborate with US colleagues: Work with the US Sales Director and US Publicity Coordinator to ensure the external social media and publicity needs are properly integrated and delivered across the team.
- Develop and coordinate social media posts: Create and post all Aconyte-driven social media posts including cover reveals, announcements, interviews, etc. Work with the US Publicity Coordinator to repost content from partners, reviewers and fans where appropriate.
- Create newsletters & web copy: Help generate smart and effective promotional materials aimed at fans and partners, including our regular newsletters and web pages.
- Oversee/Lead copywriting: Ensure all publicity materials, both physical and digital, succeed in selling the qualities of the relevant books. Ensure book data is accurate and available to deadline.
- Author liaison: Work with authors to identify key promotional channels, plan launch activities, and support their efforts.
- UK MARKETING SUPPORT – Help our sales partners sell our books
- Know the books: Understand the Aconyte brands and book ranges, based in the worlds both of Asmodee properties and third-party licenses.
- Understand booktrade processes: Including the sales cycles, conferences, and selling-in periods.
- Coordinate with UK sales partners: Ensure that our UK sales partners have everything they need to hit sales targets, in an organised and timely manner: advance title information (TIs), key selling points, and promotion plans.
- Coordinate with our IP partners: Support Asmodee, Ubisoft and Marvel marketing teams with data, information and the sharing of promotional plans, so they can promote Aconyte titles based on their worlds through their promotional channels.
- Attend consumer and trade events: Help represent the book ranges at appropriate book-specific events and selected games hobby events – mostly in the UK but there may be European and US travel opportunities too.
- REPORTING – Integrate with and report back to the wider team
- Feed back to the team: Report back on promotional activity and opportunities to the Aconyte sales & marketing team in regular monthly meetings. Report monthly on number of unique users of our website, social media channels, newsletter.
- Integrated Aconyte department member: Work closely with the editors and other Asmodee Entertainment colleagues, contribute to strategic discussions and creative ideas, and generally be a part of the team.
- Other relevant duties: As requested.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Proactive, hands-on owner of key relationships – delivers what is best for Aconyte in a friendly and confident manner, a trusted partner but never a pushover.
- An ambitious and confident goal-setter – identifies opportunities to promote books, takes responsibility for what can be achieved, agrees plans with colleagues, and delivers them.
- Articulate and creative – able to express oneself well, write good copy, and not afraid to offer imaginative ideas when necessary.
- Organised – adept at building clear timetables and action plans and cutting through the detail to complete all tasks to deadline.
- Experience of fiction marketing, promotion and publicity – ideally at least two years.
- Knowledgeable about the UK and US book and games markets as of 2022.
- Social media user: experienced with Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook, plus a selection of software applications to assist with those channels
- MS Office experience: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Marketing systems: hands-on experience of marketing trackers, databases, NetGalley and Edelweiss very welcome.
We would consider offering part time hours (minimum 25 a week) for a candidate who has all the relevant experience for the role.
Why join the Asmodee Group?
We offer a great opportunity to learn and develop in a growing company working with brilliant people and products. In addition to a competitive salary, you will receive a great benefits package including 24 days holiday (+ bank holidays) and staff discount on all our products!
How do I apply?
If you would like to express an interest in this role then please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining who you are and why you want this job. Please attach your CV and covering letter in your application.
Asmodee is committed to ensuring equal opportunities and fairness of treatment in the workplace for all employees and job applicants. Our aim is to provide a working environment in which people feel comfortable and where everyone is treated with respect and dignity.
You can find Asmodee Entertainment here: https://asmodee-entertainment.biz/