Do you have a degree in oncology/cancer research or equivalent? Would you like to join a fast-growing international Academic publisher in a newly created role? The Assistant Editor will provide expert subject knowledge to the Editorial Boards and support them in selecting high-quality articles. This role is a full-time 12-month contract and can be based remotely completely.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assess the editorial quality of manuscripts early in the peer-review process
- Ensure expert reviewers are appointed in a timely manner
- Manage editing assignments and monitor author revisions
- Identify and help with peer-review delays
What you’ll have:
- Educated to PhD level in oncology/bioinformatic applications in oncology/cancer research or equivalent experience
- Some editorial experience in STM publishing would be a bonus but is not essential
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels
- Solid organisation, with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines
Applications ASAP, please.
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Claire Carrington-Smith
Tel: 020 3574 4431
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.