Do you have editorial experience in academic/STM publishing and an understanding of journals? Would you like to join a leading scientific society based in central London as an Assistant Editor? It is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated editorial assistant to coordinate an editorial office.
- Manage the peer-review process, checking new submissions and monitoring progress on manuscripts
- Act as main point of contact for author queries and resolve potential issues during peer review
- Ensure publications meet agreed schedule and quality standards, liaising with internal colleagues
- Copy-edit manuscripts prior to acceptance and check and approve final proofs before publication
- Support the journal team, providing reports, attending meetings and ensuring clear communication
- Promote journals via online marketing, developing online materials, updating website and using social media tools
- Help managers to produce annual marketing plan and to identify publications with strongest potential
Experience / skills required:
- Solid experience in an editorial role within STM/Academic publishing is required
- Good understanding of scholarly journals publishing and familiarity with social media is essential
- Solid IT skills including MS Office and a working knowledge of peer-review process/databases
- Excellent organisation skills with a flexible approach and the ability meet tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills with excellent oral and written English and a great eye for detail
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally in a scientific area
Closing date: 23rd March
For further information, please apply online or email a CV and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Karine Nicpon
Tel: 020 3574 4426
Atwood Tate embraces diversity and seeks to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities and to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief.
Due to the volume of applications we receive we are often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 7 days you have probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.