A highly successful, global educational publisher is looking to hire two Editors to join their dynamic ELT division, to develop English language teaching and learning content from pre-school to adult with their well-known international brand. These roles will be recruited at Assistant Editor/Development Editor or Senior Editor level, depending on the level of relevant experience the successful candidates can bring to the roles. These roles will start by working from home, but flexible working will be introduced from their office in Hampshire later in the year.
These roles will report to the Executive Editor/Commissioning Editor and will work on all aspects of the development of multi-level, multi—component programmes in print and digital. You will be involved in researching and planning with the goal of meeting customer needs and strengthening the brand’s impact in the marketplace. This is a fabulous role, where you will help to bring the world to the classroom and the classroom to life, and an opportunity to join a dynamic product team, developing ELT and learning content.
Key responsibilities will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Contributing to conceptualizing new product proposals that support effective teaching and learning, represent brand values and reflect up to date quality educational research
- Editing course components for content at all stages of development
- Collaborate with the digital team to spec, schedule, brief and budget for digital components, from product conception
- Develop authors and freelancers through comprehensive briefs
- Engage, brief and monitor the quality of work of external contributors, including authors, freelance editors and audio-visual suppliers
- Track and report on project budgets throughout the development process
The ideal candidates for these roles will be able to demonstrate experience of working within textbook publishing and demonstrable content and copywriting skills, on ELT content. You will have outstanding copyediting skills, with sound organizational, analytical and communication skills. The ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines is essential.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a leading educational brand on their highly successful ELT products, we would love to hear from you.
These roles carry an attractive salary and excellent benefits including a bonus. The closing date is 2nd August so please get in touch as soon as possible. For further information please send your CV with a short cover note and salary expectations.