Are you a physics, chemistry, Maths or engineering graduate with an interest in publishing and an aptitude for news writing? Would you like to gain experience within scientific journals publishing? We are recruiting an Assistant Scientific Editor for a highly prestigious publishing organisation to be responsible for the scientific quality of content published in one of their flagship journals. This role will involve writing regular feature articles and will contribute to the development and promotion of the journals programme.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Carry out day-to-day editorial duties, including assessing technical suitability of assigned submissions, management of the peer review process and making final decisions on manuscripts
- Highlight the latest developments published in the journals by conducting author interviews and writing feature and news articles
- Work with the rest of the journals team to ensure that the editorial workflow is operating at maximum efficiency
- Undertake activities relating to the development and promotion of the journals portfolio
- You will be educated to degree level, ideally in a /physics/chemistry/engineering/maths discipline
- You will have the ability to recognise key areas and arguments of scientific papers for the purpose of assessing suitability for the journal
- Aptitude for news writing and interviewing
- Strong communication skills and customer focus
- Analytical skills, particularly in pre-filtering papers and selecting referees
If you meet the above requirements and would like to get some fabulous experience in scientific publishing, please send your CV, outlining your salary expectations, and we will be happy to send you more detailed information.