Assistant Editor, Zaffre
Bonnier Books UK is looking for an organised, enthusiastic and proactive assistant editor to join its dynamic commercial fiction team in Marylebone, London. The assistant editor will support the publishing director and editorial director across the crime and thriller list.
This is a perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic and idea-driven editorial assistant looking for their next step. The position will suit someone with a keen eye for detail and a demonstratable passion for commercial fiction.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Desk editing for manuscripts and copy.
- Line editing.
- Reading new submissions and manuscript assessment.
- Drafting copy for book covers and marketing materials.
- Ensuring advance information sheets (AIs) and metadata are up-to-date and reviewed as required.
- Briefing designers on covers and overseeing the cover production process.
- Proofreading copy for marketing campaigns.
- Liaising with freelancers as required.
- Proactive market research.
- Providing the highest standard of author and agent care.
- Supporting the editorial team with general administration tasks including taking meeting minutes, coordinating meetings and schedules, liaising with the contracts, rights and finance departments, co-ordinating events, and sending author questionnaires.