We are working with a fast-growing scientific media company with a global reach, as they are looking to add a new Associate Editor to their publishing team.
Based near Bath, but offering flexible working arrangements, our client publishes a fantastic array of multi-format content for the scientific community, including some newly launched digital platforms featuring news articles, infographics, video interviews with award winning scientists, and so much more!
This Associate Editor role will be responsible for:
- Acting as main point of editorial content for key sponsor of large content-rich campaigns
- Sourcing and creating original content and communications across a wide range of formats (news stories, product reviews, video interviews, reports, newswires, etc.)
- Liaising with a team of video specialists to oversee the editorial strategy of video production
- Working with scientists and readers to create user generated content for digital channels
- Leading on assigned features and content within the new editorial calendar
- Attending conferences and exhibitions where required
This is a very exciting role and could be the perfect next step for a good writer and storyteller who is passionate about promoting scientific content and engaging with a global scientific community. The ideal candidate will come from a scientific background (preferably in Life Sciences or Chemistry), and have a previous experience in science communication and digital content creation.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.