Associate Editor, Thames & Hudson
Associate Editor, Fashion
- Full-time, permanent
- Salary: £26,000-28,000
- Hybrid working potential, based in Central London
- Closing date: Sunday 21 August 2022
We are seeking a resourceful and digitally-savvy Associate Editor with a good visual eye to join our small and dynamic fashion publishing team in making illustrated fashion books, including our bestselling Catwalk series. The work also includes creating books in partnership with high-profile fashion brands, from Chanel to Louis Vuitton.
This is a busy, varied position and amongst other tasks, you will be:
- Project managing a range of titles across the list from delivery to completion
- Providing comprehensive support for the Commissioning Editor and Editorial Manager, Fashion
- Keeping track of schedules and budgets, coordinating with other departments
- Liaising with authors/contributors, freelance editors, designers, picture researchers and indexers
- Assessing text for editing, drafting proposals and sales copy, copy-editing
- Researching potential contributors and assisting with project development work.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Editorial experience gained at an illustrated publisher or the publishing department of a museum, gallery or university
- A demonstrable interest in and knowledge of fashion
- Successful project management experience of simultaneous projects
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise tasks and to work with others flexibly
- Excellent command of English spelling and grammar, and good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel, Adobe InDesign and Acrobat Pro
- Reliable, methodical and conscientious, even under pressure
- Familiarity with co-edition publishing and a working knowledge of French would be an advantage.
This is an exciting chance to work on a wide variety of beautiful and innovative books in a highly creative environment, and to gain substantial experience of project management and the demands of co-edition publishing.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements above to Sophie Castle, email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Sunday 21st August 2022.
Some of the benefits of working at Thames & Hudson
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Profit share scheme
- Interest-free loan for rent deposit or season travel ticket
- Discounts off our lovely T&H books and co-editions
- Generous pension contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Film Club