A global publishing organisation is hiring for a senior marketing role to manage their Open Access Marketing team. As their new Associate Head of Marketing, you will be mainly responsible for setting and leading the strategic initiatives across the team, defining objectives and overseeing high profile marketing projects for the Open Access portfolio. You will manage a number of direct and indirect reports across the UK and US offices.
This role can be almost entirely home based within the UK, with occasional visits to the London office as required.
- Managing team-wide goals, projects and programs
- Managing a team of direct and indirect reports across two international offices, overseeing performance development and review
- Developing segmentation and customer lifecycle strategies together with a Marcomm Associate Director
- Communication outcome and ROI of marketing strategies to other members in the senior management team
- Setting overall objectives and strategy for the marketing team, and communicating these to relevant stakeholders
- Liaising with colleagues in Editorial and Sales to devise strategy for the Open Access portfolio
- Leading DEI initiatives and helping promote a culture of innovation and experimentation within your team
The successful candidate will be a product marketing expert with a well-rounded understanding of the full marketing mix, and a good leader with experience of managing others. We are ideally looking for marketing candidates with familiarity of Open Access publishing, trends and issues, though this client will also welcome applicants from outside of the industry and they are particularly keen to see people who come from start-ups.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.