We are excited to offer an excellent opportunity to join a prestigious audio company as an Audio and Acquisitions Manager. This pivotal role is a significant addition to our client's Rights team, concentrating on their extensive and leading audiobook publishing schedule, committed to introducing the world's top authors to a global audience. We seek candidates who embody a natural instinct for sales, approaching acquisitions with a proactive mindset. Key qualifications include proficiency in negotiation, a demonstrated track record in rights transactions, and a genuine passion for building relationships.
Responsibilities for this role :-
* Managing connections with crucial agents, content providers, and publishers on a global scale.
* Sustaining the development and care of relationships with exclusive publishing collaborators.
* Discovering top-notch and relevant titles for both the trade and library markets.
* Delivering presentations and pitches that effectively showcase product, brand, and core values.
* Evaluating manuscripts to acquire only the most exceptional titles.
* Negotiations for commercial terms.
* Overseeing, administering, and perpetually expanding our clients entire publishing catalogue.
* Assisting in the management and mentorship of the editorial and rights team.
The ideal candidate for this role must showcase a deep understanding of the publishing and rights landscape, demonstrating unwavering market awareness and comprehensive knowledge of major authors and publishing houses. Experience in the sales or acquisition of rights is a must for this role, with a proven track record of achieving top-tier acquisitions and sales. Strong negotiation skills are imperative, and the candidate should thrive on successfully closing the most advantageous deals.
If you have a proactive and can-do approach to acquisitions, attention to detail, along with excellent organisational and administration skills, and a working knowledge of rights management and audiobook publishing, then this role is for you - please get in touch.
For a full description of the role, please send your CV with a brief paragraph outlining your relevant skills.
Closing Date: Early applications may be prioritised.
** Inspired Search & Selection are a publishing recruitment specialist who operate an Equal Opportunities policy. We treat all employees and job applicants fairly and equally regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
In May 2019, Inspired Search & Selection pledged to promote The Book Trade Charity. As a charity, BTBS offer financial help to people (particularly those under the age of 30) looking for jobs in the book trade, including help with interview costs, to help support paid internships and work experience and for other opportunities for development. Please follow this link to check eligibility and further support.