The Bent Agency represents bestselling and award-winning authors of books for adults and children, and we’re proud of our author-focused ethos and supportive, collaborative working environment. We’re recruiting a rights executive to sell translation rights to our titles across the globe.
Responsibilities will include (but aren’t limited to):
- Submitting titles to and maintaining strong working relationships with our international co-agents
- Negotiating translation deals
- Reviewing contracts and ensuring their prompt execution
- Tracking and following up on payments using Bradbury Phillips Rights Manager
- Processing royalty statements
- Being responsible for the compilation of the agency’s rights catalogues
- Keeping our co-agents updated with material and news, with the help of our agency assistant
- Planning for and representing TBA at the Bologna, London and Frankfurt Book Fairs
- Providing agency colleagues with data and reports about translation sales trends
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a confident negotiator who can demonstrate success at maximizing rights revenue
- Have experience using Bradbury Phillips Rights Manager
This is a full-time position. The role is based at our office in Richmond, on a hybrid working pattern of 3 days office-based/2 days home-based.
Please email your cover letter, including details of your current notice period, and your CV to email@example.com. Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.