A leading international academic publishing company is currently looking for freelancers to work closely with their Publishing Ethics & Integrity team on a large project related to research integrity in STM journals.
- Work closely with the Director of Publishing Ethics and Integrity to drive a research integrity project, designed to identify articles and journals of concern.
- Check articles for integrity of authorship, content, data and key ethics statements.
- Assist the ethics team with assessing files requested from authors (particularly original data for experiments involving RNA, DNA and protein expressions).
- Where required, assist in identifying experts to provide advice on specific articles
- Highlight articles of concern to the ethics team to ensure investigations are conducted where necessary
- Work with the ethics team and editorial teams on organising post-publication notices.
- Handle confidential information confidently and sensitively, with consideration for the legal and ethical issues that may arise from any mishandling
What we are looking for:
- PhD or MSc in biomedical sciences or a related field
- Editorial experience in assessing scientific manuscripts for quality and integrity of content
- Strong understanding of scientific laboratory methods and practices (in particular, PCRs, western blots, immunocytochemistry, histology and other techniques based on cell or tissue staining or antibody interaction with proteins)
- Awareness of global research and publishing ethics issues
- Awareness of required journal editorial standards
- Experience in project management
- Strong numerical and verbal reasoning skills
This role can be worked remotely for the duration of the contract. For further details please send your CV and a short cover letter outlining your salary expectations.