International Publishing Rights Executive
REPORTING TO Senior International Publishing Manager
The Blair Partnership is a literary and entertainment agency. We look for and work with engaging and imaginative storytellers and use our expertise, experience and connections to help them shape and share their stories.
Our clients include new and established writers across fiction, children’s and young adult, business, politics, sport and more. We pursue commercial opportunities for our clients through deal making in the UK, US and internationally. Together we bring their stories to life across publishing, audio, brand, live events, digital and TV and film.
The Blair Partnership manages brand, franchise and creative coordination across the Wizarding World™. This includes J.K. Rowling’s print and digital publishing, stage and theatrical rights, as well as the coordination of other brand and franchise-focussed commercial activity with partners, most notably Warner Bros.
International Publishing Team
We are responsible for licensing translation rights in all TBP clients’ books, across adult fiction and non-fiction titles, and children’s books. We also manage all of J.K. Rowling’s print publishing in translation, for which we have longstanding Wizarding World publisher relationships in many territories.
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be responsible for translation rights sales for all existing and new titles in Poland, Portugal, Baltics, Eastern Europe, Greece and Israel.
- Manage publisher relationships with Wizarding World partners in your territories
- Oversee the quality of the translated editions in these markets: reviewing and approving covers and interiors, marketing plans and materials, ensuring that Wizarding World brand guidelines are adhered to
- Negotiate the best possible publishing deals for our authors in your markets
- Draft and negotiate translation rights contracts
- Seek out and develop new publishing partnerships in these territories, with a view to growing sales.
- Represent the agency at international book fairs to pitch our clients’ work to editors
- Provide a high standard of customer care and support
- Liaise with the Agency team and Brand and Franchise team to best represent our authors internationally
- Keep up to date with the latest market trends in your territories
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrable experience in negotiating and closing translation rights deals
- Excellent relationship building and international account management skills
- Confidence working on high profile authors and brands, and awareness of the importance of confidentiality
- Strong insight and understanding of the global publishing business
- Excellent at prioritising heavy workloads, working under pressure and multitasking
- Solution-driven in all aspects of your work, with a willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail
- Able to work independently and as part of a busy team
What you can expect from us:
- Hybrid working policy (2 days/week working from home)
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Group Pension Plan where we contribute 5%
- Life Assurance of 4 times salary
- Health Insurance (currently with Vitality)
- Health Shield Cashback Plan
- Harry Potter Franchise Partner discounts and a free ticket to see both parts of Harry Potter & The Cursed Child
- Annual Creative Bursary
- Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle Scheme
Our vision remains to shape, nurture and grow the most imaginative and engaging brands for generations to come, working with our clients.
Our mission is to shape and connect stories to their audiences.
The Blair Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where all talent and potential is valued. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives and recognise the value that this adds to our business.