Account Manager, Scandinavia, Southern Europe, Turkey, Israel
Reporting to the Associate Director of Sales, Americas/Europe, the Account Manager will drive sales of online products within their territory, prospect for new customers, achieve sales targets, and collaborate with other sales team members and marketing to effectively build brand awareness and provide relevant market feedback. The Account Manager will also work closely with the Associate Director of Sales in establishing channel-based strategy, will serve on internal committees dedicated to issues highly relevant to sales, including usage, pricing, and campaign planning, and will help manage third party relationships. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the academic marketplace and the ability to communicate effectively with decision-makers, presenting products across a range of disciplines in the humanities and social sciences.
- Meet/exceed sales targets as set by management
- Effectively manage a portfolio of accounts, developing positive relationships with clients and act as their first point of contact
- Generate new business using existing customer base in CRM as well as building the customer base
- Help provide solutions to customer issues in a timely manner and liaise with customer support as needed
- Provide timely feedback on the status of accounts and transactions, as well as MTD and YTD sales, sales pipeline, and opportunities
- Set and track sales targets by account, aligned with company objectives, and monitor sales metrics and key performance indicators
- Suggest actions to improve sales performance and identify opportunities for growth
- Conduct site visits within assigned sales territory and represent Bloomsbury Digital Resources at relevant academic/library conferences
- Consistently improve product knowledge through training on key products both as a participant and lead presenter
- Work closely with other internal departments on development and implementation of strategies in relevant sales areas including usage, pricing, and campaign planning
- Manage third party (subscription agent) relationships.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- 2-5 years’ experience in selling to institutional market and quantifiable success as a sales account manager
- A publishing or electronic resources background
- Experience of selling to libraries direct and an extensive set of contacts highly desirable
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com preferred and MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Experience with client services/third party sales
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in assigned territory a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on problem-solving
- Ability to travel up to 25% - once travel restrictions have been lifted
The role is a full-time permanent position, with flexibility to work partly at our London office, Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3AT and partly at home however, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home, this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organization, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discount.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line ‘Account Manager 0502’
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK