Amazon Senior Account Manager, UK Sales
A rare opportunity to join the Sales Team of a top 5 UK Publisher at a time of dynamic investment and growth. We are looking to recruit a Senior Account Manager to champion and drive the organisational strategy for Amazon print sales across all divisions, reporting into the Head of Online Sales.
We are looking for a candidate with a proven track record of implementing and achieving ambitious Amazon specific sales strategy. The role requires a strong communicator with experience of working with senior stakeholders across a business, with a keen analytical mind and understanding of Amazon systems and logistics. The candidate must be a self-starter able to demonstrate initiative, resilience, and the ability to work under pressure and to troubleshoot.
This role is a rare opportunity for a candidate to use their skills to make an impact at an immensely exciting time for Bloomsbury and take the lead in driving strategic, profitable sales growth.
This role will be predominantly self-sufficient supported in part by a Sales Assistant.
- Manage all aspects of the Amazon print account from a UK Sales perspective in liaison with our Sales Operations, M&P, Data and Metadata teams etc.
- Develop, set and communicate Amazon print strategy and oversee implementation.
- Share objectives and results effectively to the business to keep key stakeholders informed.
- Be the Amazon print and title strategy voice of UK Sales to the Divisions.
- Represent Amazon print sales at relevant internal meetings.
- Maximise print sales for frontlist, backlist and across author brands through strategic planning with the Head of Online Sales.
- Plan closely with the Online Sales Executives representing our Consumer Adult, Children’s, Special Interests, Agency lists etc.
- Maintain a key oversight of all onsite availability and stock control at all times through tight collaboration with the Sales Ops team.
- Be swiftly proactive for all Award Winners/Marketing & PR Campaigns and other highlighted titles and series to maximize stock/onsite availability.
- Develop strategies with Online Sales team and M&P to identify new opportunities to pitch, promote and secure Amazon print deals.
- Maximise sales and profit for Bloomsbury through strategic selling to Amazon.
- Maintain a confident and visible presence to internal key stakeholders.
- Conduct strategic reviews in tune with other UK Key Account plans to be sure of Amazon title strategies complementing other UK Sales title plans and vice versa.
- Prepare and share regular critical competitor market analysis to educate the business.
- Troubleshoot to remove barriers to sale.
- Collaborate closely with US colleagues on global brands and activity e.g. SJMass.
- Deputise for the Head of Online on occasion.
- Absence cover for colleagues as required e.g. holidays/flexible Fridays.
- General team player across UK Sales and beyond.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of selling to Amazon UK
- Excellent communicator who is confident with dealing with people at all levels in person, on the phone and over email/video as necessary
- Ability to build effective relationships with key contacts as well as in-house colleagues
- Experience of multi-tasking and prioritising a busy work-load with competing demands on your time
- Ability to adapt to changing daily tasks
- Excellent time-management, prioritisaton and organisational skills, with a close eye for detail and keen awareness of deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and focused on efficiency at all times
- Strong numerical skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills with a clear commercial objective
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Teams
- Proficient with systems such as Biblio, Nielsen, Cognos and Vista
- Strong presentation skills
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 11th February 2022.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – online fitness classes, mindfulness, cookery classes, workshops etc.
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.