Bloomsbury Publishing PLC is an entrepreneurial, independent, worldwide publisher listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney and New Delhi. Over its 33 year history, Bloomsbury’s mission has been to publish works of excellence and originality.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to support the development of key systems, both internal and customer-facing. You will liaise with Finance, Sales and Marketing and Web teams, and work with vendors in order to realise the development of new, business-critical systems.
- Work with the business to define requirements
- Analyse data sources and outputs to contribute to logical and physical modelling and to prepare detailed specifications
- Manage and support testing
- Manage vendors to ensure they are delivering business value
- Support the Project Office with lessons learned, best practices, and standardised methodologies
- Provide project management support on smaller projects where required
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Knowledge of and experience using business analysis techniques
- Ability to elicit and capture requirements, including chairing requirements workshops
- Experience of capturing workflows, both written and in BPMN/UML format
- Experience of working with third-party APIs
- Writing test scripts / scenarios and managing testing
- JIRA experience
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Attention to detail
- Tenacity, the love of investigating data problems right to the very end
- Self-motivated, team-player
- Experience of managing projects (and knowledge / experience of using project management methodology: Prince2 or PMI a plus)
- Good Knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of ETL and data modelling
- E-commerce experience
- Experience of finance fundamentals and working on finance related projects
Publishing experience, and experience of bibliographic databases, especially Biblio3
The role is a full-time permanent position and is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and please note in the subject line: ‘Business Analyst’ by close date of Friday 8th July.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- 2 Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – access to complementary wellness workshops
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.