Campaigns Assistant, Education – Part Time
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a part-time Campaigns Assistant to join the bright and innovative team working on education titles across Early Years, Primary and Secondary markets. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and organised individual with an interest in marketing to schools, teachers and professionals, and who is looking to start a career in publishing. Bloomsbury Education includes many popular and trusted brands and supports teachers and parents with titles for learning across the curriculum and reading for pleasure.
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager and the Campaigns Executive with campaigns to market books to schools, teachers and parents
- Support the production of three education catalogues
- Create flyers and other point of sale material for events and to support the sales team
- Design and create publicity material such as bookmarks and posters
- Create assets and content for Bloomsbury-owned social channels
- Upload relevant titles to NetGalley to encourage reviews
- Send POS and content to partners on a monthly basis
- Update the Education section of the Bloomsbury website
- Edit author blog content and manage the blog website
- Check and respond to requests on the general education marketing email
- Help with coordinating publisher presence at conferences and exhibitions throughout the year
- Assist with the organisation, travel and accommodation of author events and teacher meetings
- Attend school events, festivals, conferences and other author events as support to the education marketing team
- Produce press releases and co-ordinate mailings for all frontlist titles
- Compile minutes and agendas for regular marketing and publicity meetings
- Maintain an up-to-date publishing schedule
- Work collaboratively with editorial, sales and digital teams, as well as the wider Children’s M&P team
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive, able to use your initiative
- Eye for detail
- Superb organisational skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Creative flair
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, be flexible and deal with the unexpected
- An interest in how the marketing and publicity process works within a publishing company is essential
- An interest in general education publishing would be beneficial
The role is a part-time (50% - hours/days are flexible) permanent position with a pro-rata salary of £11,500 per annum based at our beautiful offices in Bedford Square, London. However, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home, this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 9 am Friday 23 April 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org