Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names.
Reporting to the Senior Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Assistant will act as a liaison between customers and various internal departments including Sales, Finance and Marketing, working diligently to resolve any emerging issues that our customers might face and aiming for the highest degree of accuracy and efficiency. Ultimately this position will ensure that every customer and account receives the highest level of service by responding quickly and efficiently to customer inquiries, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and reflecting well upon the Bloomsbury brand.
- Process orders in SAMS/SalesForce.com including setting up opportunities and accounts on both systems.
- Contact point for all customer queries/technical support queries and technical support contact to Account Managers.
- Report access issues and work on fixes/testing if necessary with a third party platform provider.
- Sales support as needed, running usage stats in particular.
- Set up renewals/access fees.
- Set up trials for Account Managers/directly for customers in SAMS/Salesforce.
- Set up access for all products via requests from editorial/marketing for individuals (gratis/trial access).
- Answer queries received via general online product inboxes.
- Deal with queries as first point of contact for “contact us” forms from the various digital platforms.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including making sure information is correct and up to date on internal systems.
- Send Bloomsbury Professional web orders and telesales orders to the distributors.
- Liaising with distributors, printers and other departments to resolve queries and complaints.
- Processing missing pages, liaison with printer/distributor.
- Processing Legal Deposit requests.
- Tracking stock levels.
- Raising invoices for Open Access products.
- The involvement in various projects and migrations.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven experience with customer service
- Attention to detail and strong problem solving abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with a CRM, preferably SalesForce.com, as well as Excel
The role is a part-time 30 hours a week, permanent position with a salary of £22,000 pro-rata
The role is based at our Oxford office, Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford OX2 9PH on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday.
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 24th August 2022.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- 2 Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – access to complementary wellness workshops
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 12 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.