Design/Project Manager, Special Project
Bloomsbury Children’s Books are looking to recruit a Design/ Project Manager for a special project. This will be a full time (or part time, min 4 days a week) on a fixed term contract of 6-8 months.
This is a rare and incredibly exciting opportunity to guide an ambitious colour project from concept all the way through to delivery of final files.
You will be an experienced designer who has proven experience designing and managing highly illustrated, long extent book projects.
We require a confident designer, with exceptional layout, typographic and cover design skills. All candidates must have proven experience of working with illustrators and managing other designers.
The successful candidate will be confident working at the centre of the project team, liaising closely with external stakeholders, freelancers and other contributors. You will have a brilliant creative eye, outstanding organisational skills and a passion for making fine illustrated children’s books.
- Developing and overseeing a project from initial designs to final print-ready files, while always maintaining the quality and integrity of our publishing
- Ensuring projects are delivered on schedule and to budget
- Working within a team, with shared objectives of delivering a high quality, on brand project
- Commissioning, briefing and art directing illustrators
- Maintaining excellent relationships with illustrators and agents
- Managing freelance engagements, ensuring they deliver high quality on brief design work, on schedule and on budget
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Proven experience of designing 4 colour illustrated books, commissioning illustrators and managing other freelance designers. Experience preferably in children’s publishing
- Proven experience of working with author and illustrator brands and a track record of sensitively managing important relationships is essential
- Proficient in all creative suite programmes: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Able to supply files for repro and print
- Able to supply, and approve files for co-edition partners
- Solid experience of printing processes
- Strong, clear, confident communicator
- Practical, highly organised and ambitious to deliver the very best results
The role is a full-time or part time,temporary position, with flexibility to work partly at our London office, Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3AT and partly at home however, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home, this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role and your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line: ‘Design/Project Manager SP BM0802’.
Closing date for applications is 8 February 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK