eBook Production Controller, Group Production Admin
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is looking for an eBooks Production Controller to join our busy Group Production team, which serves a prestigious list covering a range of genres and subjects. The role reports to the Complex eBook Production Manager but will work independently, being directly responsible in overseeing the production of a large variety of complex, enhanced, and illustrated eBooks across the Group’s list from briefing to delivery.
This is an excellent position for someone with a few years’ experience seeking a next step in a career in digital publishing. We are looking for someone who is a creative thinker and keen problem solver with a strong interest in eBook and web publishing, who can work well independently and as part of a small team. The role is ideal for someone who enjoys working on a variety of diverse projects, who is passionate about responsive design and digital accessibility and who is comfortable juggling multiple deadlines, working with a variety of suppliers and in-house teams.
- Briefing and coordinating the production of our highly illustrated integrated eBooks, across the Group’s list
- Ensuring all projects are produced on schedule, to high quality standards and within controlled budgets
- Carrying out research into the evolving field of eBook and Web Accessibility, to improve the accessibility of our digital publishing
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Relevant experience in digital book publishing (knowledge of current eBook formats is essential)
- Detailed knowledge of the production life cycle for fixed layout and reflowable eBooks
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and responsive design
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- Keen eye for detail (proof-reading skills are essential)
- IT skills (knowledge of Excel and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite)
- Awareness of eBook and Web accessibility standards
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with a keen initiative
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a mandatory working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Tuesday and Wednesday, to be confirmed.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 11th October 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.