Higher Education Territory Sales Manager – North and Scotland, Academic Sales
Due to consistent sales growth and exciting acquisitions, Bloomsbury Academic is expanding its sales team to support the growing catalogue of textbooks and complementary digital products for the Higher Education market. We are currently recruiting for a Higher Education Territory Manager to manage and grow sales through higher education institutions in the North of England and Scotland.
Working as part of the Higher Education sales team you will be expected to generate new business opportunities and maintain existing business by developing relationships with lecturers and higher education institutions to drive growth in our textbook adoptions.
- To reach and exceed sales targets, objectives and KPIs as given each year in the territory as a whole.
- Lead direct sales contact with key decision makers and budget holders such as Head of Department, Director of Studies, Deans or, key library contacts in own territory, sourcing new contacts as required.
- Achieve complete market coverage for Bloomsbury Higher Education textbooks across the territory
- Use consultative selling techniques to identify key stakeholders’ needs and match products to those requirements, presenting ideas and winning adoptions and direct sales
- Develop commercially focussed relationships with the key channel partners across the region to ensure the HE needs are met and targets are achieved.
- Keep Salesforce CRM up to date and analyse tracked opportunities and activity to ensure everything is accurate and a detailed pipeline of new and existing business opportunities is evident.
- Report on market trends and sales performance to Head of Higher Education Sales
- Work with editorial teams to identify custom publishing opportunities
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Proven successful field sales record in a relevant market.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Strong organisational skills and good time management.
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Current valid full UK driving license
The role is a full-time permanent position which is home based within the territory (North of England & Scotland)
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 9 August 2021
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.