We are looking for a Marketing Designer to join our in-house design team to create impactful and striking consumer-facing campaigns in conjunction with our Trade marketing teams based in the UK and Australia. You’ll be working with our award-winning book jacket designs and translating them into outstanding, market-leading campaigns
Global bestselling brands include Harry Potter, Sarah J. Maas, Tom Kerridge and Wisden alongside award-winning writers and illustrators such as Neil Gaiman, Chris Riddell, Kamila Shamsie, Madeline Miller and Reni Eddo-Lodge. This role reports to the Senior Marketing Designer Manager.
You will design a range of print and digital marketing materials, helping create striking and eye-catching campaigns to drive our books into the hands of readers across the world. Typical jobs include:
- Design of print materials including outdoor advertising, point-of-sale, proof covers, activity packs and more.
- Design of digital marketing materials including social media assets, online advertising including banners and animated gifs, activity packs, sales materials and more
- Creation of motion graphic marketing assets in After Effects
You will possess an ability to interpret a marketing brief, collaborate with marketers and bring your creative vision into the campaign
Skills, knowledge, experience - required
- A portfolio that demonstrates creative flair, versatility, technical skills
- At least 2 years of proven experience designing for print and digital
- Solid understanding of InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects CC
- Experience preparing print ready assets
- Motion graphics experience
Skills, knowledge, experience - desirable
- Working with XML data in InDesign
- Premiere Pro CC
- Video editing for advertising and social media
This role is based at Bloomsbury Publishing Plc, 50 Bedford Square, London, W1B 3DP.
To apply, please send a CV, portfolio, covering letter, noting years of experience, current salary details and notice period on your application.
Only applications with portfolios will be considered (please attach a pdf or link to your portfolio online).
The closing date for this role is Sunday 22nd August 2021.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.