Marketing Executive, Adult Marketing Special Interest
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Executive with to work across our non-fiction special interest imprints.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join the campaigns team working across the Special Interest division at Bloomsbury. The Imprints include: Continuum, Green Tree, Sport, Conway, Business, Wildlife, Reeds and Sigma. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from religion to wellbeing, and from business to sport.
- Create and implement well rounded marketing campaigns
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external
- Managing briefing and creative direction of marketing assets, digital and print
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and authors
- Manage the creation and distribution of catalogues or subject brochures
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to the list.
- Manage content for the online communities, social media.
- Communicate with Bloomsbury’s global offices
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing mix
- Knowledge of community building, social media, email, online advertising
- Experience of book marketing
- The ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good copy-writing, proof-reading, design and project-management skills.
- Good time-management and people-management skills.
- Indesign/photoshop skills would be an advantage
The role is a full-time permanent position. The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 29th October 2021.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Company contribution depending on age (min. employee contribution = 5%)
Life Assurance – 3 x annual salary
Staff Discount – 50-75% off purchase price
Season Ticket Loan
Ride to Work (bicycle scheme)
Summer Hours – June to August
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
EAP Advice and Counselling service
- Also PERKS AT WORK – discounts and savings including cinema app
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.