Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Executive to work across our non-fiction special interest imprints.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join the campaigns team working across the Special Interest division at Bloomsbury. The Imprints include Continuum, Green Tree, Sport, Conway, Wildlife, Reeds and Sigma. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from sport to wellbeing. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from religion to wellbeing, and from business to the outdoors, alongside with the world’s most famous sports book, The Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack. Our acclaimed list of authors includes Maisie Hill, Martin Dorey, Justin Welby, Paul Tonkinson, Anna Williamson and Louise Minchin.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales and maximise profit.
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Manage content for the online communities, our website and social media channels
- Manage the briefing and creative direction of marketing assets.
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and authors.
- Responsibility for the series and brand marketing of selected imprints
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to the list.
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated
- Stay informed about new marketing insights, developments and opportunities.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Experience of book marketing.
- Knowledge of community building, social media, email, online advertising.
- The ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good copy-writing, proof-reading, design and project-management skills.
- Good time-management and people-management skills.
- InDesign/Photoshop skills would be an advantage.
- Basic video editing skills would be an advantage.
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid-working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are Monday and Tuesday.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Friday 14 April 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Two paid Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 9 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.