Marketing Executive - Special Interest; Adult Marketing
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Executive to work across our non-fiction special interest imprints.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join the campaigns team working across the Special Interest division. Imprints include: Continuum, Green Tree, Bloomsbury Sport, Bloomsbury Business, Helm, RSPB, Reeds and Sigma. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from religion to wellbeing, and from business to birdwatching, alongside the world’s most famous sports book, The Wisden Cricketers’ Almanack.
- Create and implement marketing campaigns to drive sales and maximise profit.
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Manage content for the online communities, social media.
- Regularly communicate with Bloomsbury’s global offices.
- Managing briefing and creative direction of marketing assets.
- Stay informed about new marketing and publicity insights, developments and opportunities.
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and authors.
- Manage the creation and distribution of the annual nautical and wildlife catalogue.
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to the list.
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated and get the best ROI.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the current marketing mix, including advertising, DM, publicity, catalogues, promotions and digital marketing.
- Knowledge of community building, social media, email, online advertising.
- Experience of book marketing.
- The ability to multi-task and work on several different projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good copy-writing, proof-reading, design and project-management skills.
- Good time-management and people-management skills.
- Indesign/photoshop skills would be an advantage.
The role is a full-time permanent position. The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP however, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home, this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen on a mandatory working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred).
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Tuesday 10th August 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.