Part of Bloomsbury Academic, Bloomsbury Digital Resources is committed to serving a global community of students, scholars, instructors, and librarians by providing creative online research and learning environments that deliver excellence and originality.
Whether it be primary documents, critical texts, historical archives, or the latest in video and audio resources, we are committed to enhancing the research experience with innovative, engaging, and dynamic digital resources of the highest quality.
Bloomsbury offers a very collegial working environment, with a dedicated and enthusiastic team committed to excellence and innovation.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Be strategic! Lead the planning, creation, and execution of global marketing plans for digital databases in the social sciences for Bloomsbury Digital Resources. Work in close association with the sales, editorial, and product management teams to drive growth and brand awareness for these products within the subject areas of food studies, education, and student learning.
- Be Creative! Participate in the development and implementation of a global integrated marketing strategy for digital resources in the social sciences including, but not limited to:
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Event strategy/conference marketing/webinars
- Digital Marketing
- Drive Usage! Create and develop marketing materials that best position our products in the marketplace, support and advance our sales efforts, raise awareness, and drive usage
- Know the market! Develop an understanding of librarians, students, faculty, and researchers and create marketing campaigns and programs to support that effort. Also, understand the competitive landscape and provide insights to support sales and product development
- Be a Team Player! Consult with other departments, especially Sales, Product Management, Product Development, and Editorial, ensuring open and effective communication. Provide market feedback that helps develop and execute departmental strategy and processes
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Significant demonstrated experience in marketing, preferably within the academic market
- Proven record of implementing best practices related to campaigns, positioning, branding, and driving overall awareness
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the imagination to conceive plans and promotions that excite and engage the library market as well as end users.
- A confident, creative, collaborative person with excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to identify and capitalize on new opportunities.
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize workload
- Articulate and able to present confidently both internally and with customers, agents, and third-party clients.
- Basic knowledge of design programs and Salesforce is a plus
The role is a full-time temporary (12 months maternity leave cover) position
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday/Thursday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 31st of May 23.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Two paid Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers) and 8 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.