Marketing Manager, Adult Marketing Special Interest
Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a highly skilled Marketing Manager to work across our non-fiction special interest imprints.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious individual to join the campaigns team working across the Special Interest division at Bloomsbury. The Imprints include Continuum, Green Tree, Sport, Conway, Business, Wildlife, Reeds and Sigma. Our award-winning publishing lists include a wide range of distinguished non-fiction from current affairs to popular science, from religion to health and well-being, and from business to sport. You will join a small but dynamic team working across an exciting and varied list of non-fiction. This position reports to the Head of Marketing.
- Managing and implementing imaginative and innovative marketing campaigns on individual titles and brands – planning strategically across all formats (physical, eBook, audio), and using the full marketing mix
- Devising social media strategies for individual titles and brands, including creation of engaging and share-worthy digital content
- Briefing design teams and freelance designers to produce top-quality visual assets for campaigns
- Proactively identify and build partnerships for key titles, brands and author
- Liaising with media agencies to book online/offline advertising campaigns
- Presenting marketing campaigns to all internal and external stakeholders
- Effectively communicate marketing campaigns to all key stakeholders both internal and external
- Communicate with Bloomsbury’s global offices
- Manage the creation and distribution of catalogues or subject brochures
- Manage and attend events and conferences relevant to the list.
- Work closely with publicity colleagues to ensure marketing and publicity campaigns are fully integrated
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Marketing experience in publishing is essential
- Creative vision, digital know-how, adaptability, and the skills to communicate and persuade.
- Experience creating, managing and reporting on Amazon and social media advertising campaigns desirable
- Experience of direct-to-consumer strategy desirable
- Keen interest in social media and new digital marketing opportunities
- Excellent organisation skills and an ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Good time management skills
- Good eye for detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent copy-writing skills and an eye for great design
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Ability to cross-market and build strong new partnerships with external brands and organisations
- Understanding of design software (In-Design/Photoshop) desirable
The role is a full-time permanent position. The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 29th October 2021.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Company contribution depending on age (min. employee contribution = 5%)
Life Assurance – 3 x annual salary
Staff Discount – 50-75% off purchase price
Season Ticket Loan
Ride to Work (bicycle scheme)
Summer Hours – June to August
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
EAP Advice and Counselling service
- Also PERKS AT WORK – discounts and savings including cinema app
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.