An opportunity to join the Sales Team of a top 5 UK Publisher at a time of dynamic investment and growth.
We are looking to recruit an Online Senior Sales Executive with proven account handling experience to work in our fast-paced online sales team. Reporting to the Amazon Senior Account Manager, this position will play a key role within the Bloomsbury Adult Consumer division and will be the primary point of contact for all questions regarding online accounts for the division. The role will curate and shape our strategy with our online customers and seek to maximise the sales of key brands such as Sarah J Maas, Tom Kerridge, Peter Frankopan as well as develop and grow our backlist sales external and internal initiatives, from metadata to customer promotions.
The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail and initiative, a natural curiosity, enthusiasm for online sales, will be data driven, good at multi-tasking and working to deadlines and with a love of spreadsheets and ready to join a highly motivated and dynamic team.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney.
Based in our Bedford Square office this will be a hybrid-working position.
- Stock management and forecasting for new release and promotions
- [FM1] Manage and grow print and/or digital library aggregator accounts
- Work closely with Adult divisional team and Amazon Senior Account Manager and Digital Senior Account Manager to select books for retail promotions in line with organisational strategy for print and ebooks
Divisional Internal Responsibility:
- Be the Online Sales Team specialist on Adult products for the division
- Presence at wider sales meetings to represent online sales
- Liaise with M&P teams regarding online sales promotions
- Manage sales spikes from M&P activity and communicate stock status to relevant parties
- Work closely with the operations team to manage supply and maintain availability on site
- Perform deep dive analysis needed to ensure that we are dynamic on pricing for our frontlist, and importantly, our backlist.
- Prepare and share regular critical market analysis to educate the business
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of the platforms and monitor trends to keep internal teams up to date.
- Keep records of sales data and compile data for regular reports to share internally including weekly sales across all formats
- Provide support for regular and ad hoc business analysis including Annual Business Reviews
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organised and can prioritise tasks
- Strong numerical skills
- Proficient with Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient with systems such as Biblio, Nielsen, Cognos and Vista
The role is a full-time temporary position covering for maternity leave.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP
On a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday/Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Friday 6th of October 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Mob Group – online fitness classes, mindfulness, cookery classes, workshops etc.
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.