Product Assistant, Bloomsbury Digital Resources
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join our Product Management team a digital product assistant.
As digital product assistant, you will be part of the team that’s re-imagining Bloomsbury’s academic publishing for a digital environment. You will be working on our industry-leading visual arts and humanities resources, and play a key part in developing, launching and managing our multi-award-winning suite of digital products.
The role will provide a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to start a career in a dynamic, fast-growing and forward-looking part of academic publishing.
- Assisting the Product Management team in conducting user interviews and user testing
- Assisting with identifying issues and bugs for new products, and User Acceptance Testing after launch
- Supporting the Product Management team in ensuring that content updates and enhancements for digital products are performed to an agreed schedule.
- Aiding site management by reporting bugs and issues to external software developers
- Using Bloomsbury’s platform admin interfaces to create and edit site pages and load content, including working on the visual design of sites
- Liaising with sales, marketing and customer services to communicate addition of new content and product enhancements
- Developing expertise on specific products, becoming the ‘product champion’ who would respond to queries from sales, marketing and customers, troubleshooting and escalating issues as required, and contributing to strategic development of those products
- Providing regular website usage reports using Google Analytics and other tools, and help identify opportunities for improving site content and features
- Assisting with regular product meetings
- Assisting the Product Management team with content updates: managing schedules for upcoming updates, working with colleagues in related departments (Content Architecture, Editorial and Production) to track and progress tasks, overseeing subject indexing of content by external freelancers, maintaining title lists and other metadata
- Managing subject indexing of content and assisting with maintenance of taxonomies
- Preparing product metadata for supply to third parties such as MARC record suppliers and discovery services
Key Skills and Experience:
- 1-2 years’ experience in publishing, web editing or digital product development
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- A keen eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
- A proactive, “can-do” attitude and enthusiastic team player
- Curiosity and willingness to learn
- Passion and interest in developing a career in digital product management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal)
- Some experience of working with Content Management Systems and/or coding (e.g. XML, HTML, CSS) not essential but advantageous
This is a full-time, permanent position with a salary of £23,000 per annum. The role is based at our beautiful offices in Bedford Square, London with flexibility to work partly at the office and partly at home. However, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home, this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 9 am Friday 23 April 2021.
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org