Bloomsbury Publishing is looking for a Recruitment Administrator to join our friendly Recruitment team, which sits within Human Resources. The Recruitment Administrator will provide a wide range of administrative support to the Recruitment team and provide back-up cover when necessary. This role offers the successful candidate the opportunity to get a good oversight of the recruitment and on-boarding process, and will allow them the chance to get involved with ongoing and new recruitment projects/initiatives.
This role jointly reports to the HR Manager (HR Generalist & Recruitment UK) and the Recruitment Manager (UK).
- Schedule and invite participants to the monthly Employee Voice Meetings, collate attendee list, manage HR Manager rota for note-taking
- Schedule and invite participants to New Starter Meetings with CEO or Executive Director
- Schedule and invite participants to HR Inductions
- Manage the 1st Day Arrangements email process includes liaising with the Line Manager, New Starter, Facilities and IT
- Answer workwithus inbox queries
- Process recruitment invoices – check and code for payment
- Keep trackers up-to date
- Freelancer Approvals – act as back-up to HR Manager to check and approve Freelancer paperwork
- Post Roles – act as back-up to Recruitment Manager to post roles in Rec+ and on external websites
- Interview Scheduling (direct candidates) - act as back-up to Recruitment Manager to schedule interviews in Rec+ and Teams, also book any rooms as necessary
- Close roles in Rec+ - act as back-up to Recruitment Manager to close roles in the recruitment system
- Participate and contribute to Recruitment projects/initiatives
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Any recruitment experience is a plus but not essential
- Able to pick things up quickly
- Good organisational skills, prioritise workload, attention to detail and accuracy
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Approachable and helpful at all times
- Able to maintain confidentiality at all times
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role can be based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP or at our Oxford office, Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford OX2 9PH working on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are to be confirmed.
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and to be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Monday 6 February 2023
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Two paid Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom, Disability, Mental Health, Pride and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 10 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.