Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Our mission is to publish works of excellence and originality.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative and ambitious Rights Assistant to join our team, working across the Consumer Division, Adult and Children’s. You will provide key administrative support to the team responsible for selling translation rights and co-editions and will play an important role in the coordination of sales material and presentations to international publishers. This is an entry level role and would suit someone looking for their first job position in publishing.
- Responsible for contracts management and archiving
- Liaise with Editorial departments on what manuscripts are available
- Responsible for maintaining rights website up to date
- Organise monthly newsletters to international publishers
- First point of contact for the production of Rights Guides, liaising with Marketing on key dates and ensuring schedules are on track
- Sending out production copies and files
- Co-edition invoicing
- First point of contact for preparation of Book Fairs, making sure relevant presentation copies are shipped to stands
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Interest in Rights selling and passion for books
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to manage varied workload and identify priorities effectively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent collaborative and communication skills
- Fast learner with interest in digital marketing
- Confident Microsoft Office suite user
This is a full-time permanent position, with a salary of £23,000 per annum.
The role is based at our beautiful offices in Bedford Square, London, with a mandatory working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred).
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits, generous staff discounts and flexible working arrangements.
As an Assistant role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter (Word or PDF format only) detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role. The closing date for this role is Friday 13 August 2021
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.