Royalties Analyst - International
Bloomsbury Publishing PLC is an entrepreneurial, independent, worldwide publisher listed on the London Stock Exchange with offices in London, Oxford, New York, Sydney and New Delhi. Over its 33 year history, Bloomsbury’s mission has been to publish works of excellence and originality
The Bloomsbury Royalties Department is responsible for preparing royalty statements and making advance and royalty payments to Bloomsbury’s authors around the world
This role partners with consumer/non-consumer teams within Bloomsbury US and India to ensure that royalties are paid accurately and on time, queries are dealt with professionally and that both editorial and management are provided with high quality analysis of royalty data and trends to assist in decision making. Whilst prior publishing royalties experience would be desirable, this role might equally suit a numerate graduate who is keen to get some publishing experience, has good attention to detail and who can learn about royalties quickly.
- Setting up contracts on royalty system
- Setting up of supplier details on accounting system
- Monthly review of and clearing of items from exception reports
- Provision of monthly reports and analysis to editorial and management teams [e.g. on royalties variances/unearned balances/missing contracts, etc.]
- Co-ordination with UK/US counterpart on intercompany royalty accounting to ensure full royalty coverage
- Processing of adjustments for intercompany sales and royalties
- Monthly preparation of royalty and sales data from digital academic platforms and other channels
- Active participation in all aspects of half-yearly royalty runs to ensure payments to authors are accurate and made on time
- Dealing with and resolving royalty queries from authors and editors in a professional and timely manner
- Assist with integration of new acquisitions into the royalty system
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
Skills, knowledge, experience
- Strong excel skills – pivots, v-look-ups, etc.
- Numeracy, speed and accuracy
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Familiarity with royalty and/or accounting systems
- Experience of data processing using Microsoft Access/Excel
- Royalties experience – ideally in trade/academic publishing
- Understanding of double entry book-keeping and general accounting desirable
This is a permanent, full-time position based at our beautiful offices in Bedford Square, London. There will be flexibility to work partly at the office and partly at home, however, as all Bloomsbury employees are currently working from home this role will also be based from home until our offices reopen.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers competitive benefits and generous staff discounts.
To apply, please email your CV, a covering letter outlining how you meet the requirements outlined in the ‘skills, knowledge and experience’ above, and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note in the subject line: ‘Royalties Analyst-International 1203’
The closing date for this role is 12 March 2021.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK