Reporting to the UK Sales Manager, the Sales Administrator will help to drive sales of online products within the assigned territory and collaborate with other sales team members and marketing to effectively build brand awareness and provide relevant market feedback. The successful candidate will have a basic knowledge of the academic marketplace and the ability to communicate efficiently with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Prepare and send quotes for renewal business in assigned territory
- Manage order process in Salesforce for new business in assistance of UK Sales Manager
- Support trials in assigned territory by sending welcome letters, checking usage stats, and following up for feedback
- Act as first point of contact for customer inquiries generated through website in assigned territory
- Act as first point of contact for access issues in assigned territory
- Pull and send usage reporting as needed to support UK Sales Manager
- Provide administrative support to management team as needed
- Pulling reports from Salesforce
- Assist in compiling spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Hands on experience in sales and an ability to deliver excellent customer experience
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com preferred and MS Office (MS Excel in particular)
- Excellent communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with a focus on problem-solving
- A self-starter with a proven ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and prioritize workload
- Articulate and able to communicate confidently both internally and with customers
The role is a full-time permanent position with a salary of £22,000
The role is based at our Oxford office, Kemp House, Chawley Park, Cumnor Hill, Oxford OX2 9PH on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday
As an Assistant/Administrator role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Friday 30th May 2022.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- 2 Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – online fitness classes, mindfulness, cookery classes, workshops etc.
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.