Sales & Marketing Analyst - Digital Resources (Maternity Cover)
Bloomsbury Digital Resources (‘BDR’) is a highly entrepreneurial Division of Bloomsbury Publishing, Plc charged with producing digital resources for the global academic library community. Our resources have won multiple awards and we have ambitious expansion plans. Our team is committed to excellence and originality, not only in our products but in our thinking. We believe in working in partnership with content providers to provide outstanding learning solutions and with our customers to ensure they have unparalleled customer support.
This important role is charged with providing market intelligence to ensure that decision-making is evidence-based and data-driven across functions. The successful candidate will have an exceptional opportunity to learn the ins and outs of a rapidly growing business, across functions and levels – from the hands-on detail to management decision-making – and to be part of a friendly, can-do team.
- Data integrity and rules for effective Salesforce implementation and management – working w MD to ensure KPIs reflect performance
- Develop and track key performance indictors critical to enhancing the understanding of the business and improve decision-making; monthly KPI and management reporting
- Work closely with BDR’s Finance Analyst (including Professional) to ensure all financial reporting is accurate and to provide business intelligence on which to base forward planning
- Assist management in developing and reviewing sales budget and sales forecast, including sales to budget variance analysis
- Support Director of Global Sales & Marketing and MD, BDR to set annual targets for sales team; produce targets and incentives scheme documentation for sign-off and distribution
- Collect sales data and evaluate performance based on sales quotas, supporting sales team with requirements
- Work with product team to improve usage reporting / analysis that tracks all subscriber usage by product on a quarterly basis, actively identifies “at risk” accounts
- Report and track the growth of global customer base by type and region, tracking success against predetermined benchmarks
- Account profiling: maintain up to date information on accounts at the individual and aggregate level that provides insight into current sales patterns
- Guide sales team in entering accurate opportunities forecasts in Salesforce and generate reports showing variance against Salesforce opportunities
- Assist in creation of reports for Salesforce clean-up projects, including but not limited to FTE tier, account type, etc.
- Review product P&Ls and help with ensuring each one coming to the BDRMM is as accurate as possible based on relevant benchmarks; ad hoc P&L production as required
- Model out revenue based on sales models of products in pipeline
- Model out acquisition P&Ls where required
- Work with Editorial & Marketing Teams to create improvements to current benchmarking system and system of market outreach relating to products
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Accounting experience or certification or relevant experience of sales analysis
- Strong data manipulation, reporting and analysis skills; highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, responding swiftly to different demands from the business and prioritizing work load
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- High standard of work with attention to detail
- Ability and desire to understand and improve processes
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Team player
- Salesforce experience or desire to learn
- An interest in the development of digital technologies for the publishing industry
The role is a full-time maternity cover role for 12 months and is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only). Please state your current salary and salary requirements via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 17th December 2021.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Season Ticket Loan
Share Save Scheme
Summer Hours – June to August
Eye Care Voucher Scheme
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.