Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house established in 1986. It has companies in London, New York, Sydney and Delhi. Bloomsbury Digital Resources is a division of Bloomsbury Publishing Plc., providing market-leading academic online resources for libraries.
We are seeking a Sales Representative to assist the Head of Digital Sales APAC and take on responsibility for driving sales of our suite of award-winning online resources in Southeast Asia. This new role is an exciting opportunity for a team member ideally with some sales experience to learn about selling digital resources both directly to libraries and via local agents and contribute to the rapid growth of our digital sales.
- Achieve sales target of Bloomsbury Digital Resources in specified territory.
- Maintain and grow relationships with a customer base that includes librarians and regional agents.
- Respond to enquiries from and send quotations to agents and librarians.
- Identify and develop new relationships with potential customers, ensure customer needs are understood and select appropriate product solutions.
- Conduct sales calls, product demonstrations, and training.
- Utilize selling skills and sales tools to demonstrate how Bloomsbury products and services can meet the customer’s needs, while also introducing products that may serve future needs.
- Identify ways in which Bloomsbury can increase market share in designated territory, through further product development, distributor relations, sales events, and promotional campaigns.
- Be proactive in discovering new opportunities for sales growth and contributing to the development of new sales strategies.
- Conduct competitive analyses and gather market data to channel back to Head of Digital Sales APAC, carrying out market research projects as required.
- Maintain and consistently improve product knowledge by attending training and product information meetings.
- Maintain customer contact and sales opportunity data.
- Manage subscription renewals process for accounts across APAC.
- Assist with compilation of monthly newsletter for APAC and MEA agents.
- Attend academic conferences and events as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience
Some sales experience is desirable, ideally in a publishing or media environment, however any transferrable work experience will be considered. Existing contacts in the academic market in Southeast Asia will be a distinct advantage.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn and a strong desire to succeed. They must be a confident communicator and willing to work independently. They must also be willing to take on some admin support tasks. They should have good language skills and speak English and Bahasa at the minimum.
The candidate needs to be a self-starter and needs to be a strong team player. The role will involve regular travel. We are looking for an ambitious sales person who will rise to the challenge.
Full training will be provided by the Head of Digital Sales APAC and the candidate will have access to BDR’s team of expert product managers as well as BDR’s specialist Customer Services team.
The role is a full-time permanent position
This is a work from home role, though all necessary equipment will be provided. The candidate must have the right to live and work in Singapore.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Monday 19th June 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
We will only accept applicants who have the legal right to live and work in Singapore.
NB: Any reference to benefits listed below are UK only, as this is a UK site, and are not applicable to this Singapore based role
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.