Due to consistent sales growth and exciting acquisitions, Bloomsbury Academic is expanding its sales team to support the growing portfolio of textbooks and complementary digital products for the Higher Education market. We are currently recruiting for a Higher Education Inside Sales and Sales Support Executive to manage and grow sales through a range of higher education institutions in the UK and Europe. The role also encompasses sales support activities to help the Higher Education sales team and agents achieve team and organisational goals.
Working as part of the UK and Export Higher Education sales team you will be expected to generate new business opportunities and maintain existing business by developing relationships with lecturers and higher education institutions to drive growth in our textbook adoptions.
- To reach and exceed sales targets, objectives and KPIs as given each year in the territory.
- Lead direct sales contact with key decision makers and budget holders such as Head of Department, Director of Studies, Deans or, key library contacts at designated institutions, sourcing new contacts as required.
- Achieve complete market coverage for Bloomsbury Higher Education textbooks across the territory.
- Use consultative selling techniques to identify key stakeholders’ needs and match products to those requirements, presenting ideas and winning adoptions and direct sales.
- Keep Salesforce CRM up to date and analyse tracked opportunities and activity to ensure everything is accurate and a detailed pipeline of new and existing business opportunities is evident.
- Report on market trends and sales performance to Head of Higher Education Sales.
- Support Head of Higher Education Sales with Salesforce and sales reporting.
- Support international sales agents with information and data requests.
- Work with Head of Higher Education Sales and Head of Higher Education Marketing to plan and prepare two annual Higher Education Sales Conferences.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Strong customer focus
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills.
- Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Strong organisational skills and good time management.
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Fluent written and spoken English.
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid-working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Wednesday 22nd March 2023.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Two paid Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom (BAME), Accessibility, Mental Health, Pride, and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 9 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.