Senior Marketing Executive, Academic Marketing
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced marketer to work on innovative promotional campaigns within the busy marketing team of a global academic publisher.
Reporting into a Senior Marketing Manager, the successful candidate will be working across books within the prestigious T&T Clark Biblical Studies and Theology imprint, as well as the Religious Studies and Philosophy lists within Bloomsbury’s award-winning Academic division. The role uses the full marketing mix, as well as working closely with the Sales and Editorial teams, to create awareness and generate sales for titles ranging from general interest and course books through to research and reference works, and by high-profile authors including Slavoj Žižek, Carol J. Adams and Karl Barth.
- Implementation of global marketing strategy, spend and budget for the religion lists
- Implementation of UK/ROW (i.e. all territories outside Americas, India and Australia) marketing strategy, spend and budget for the philosophy list
- Implementing all aspects of marketing plans for the lists, including but not limited to: email marketing; web marketing/SEO; social media; print and online (including PPC) advertising; direct mail; publicity and review copies; academic conferences and events; author care; sales materials and support; collaboration with external organisations (e.g. societies)
- Work with Sales and Bloomsbury Digital Resources teams to deliver results-driven, creative marketing campaigns to drive adoptions, usage, engagement, brand-recognition and sales of print and eBooks
- Improving discoverability online through optimising marketing copy and data
- Play a key role in the department through departmental responsibilities agreed with line manager
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable books marketing experience, ideally within academic publishing
- A solid understanding of academic adoption sales cycles
- Strong interpersonal skills, with experience of building and maintaining relationships both internally and externally, demonstrating a positive attitude and diplomacy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Knowledge of web analytics tools, SEO, and social media monitoring platforms
- Direct experience of organising and carrying out all or most of the following:
- Budgeting/planning and monitoring budget spend
- Direct mail campaigns, including commissioning design, mail and print
- Digital marketing by email, web, social media and PPC
- Conference attendance/planning/producing lists/organizing inserts
- Proofreading and copywriting
The role is a full-time permanent position based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Wednesday and Thursday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Friday 8th July.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- 2 Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – access to complementary wellness workshops
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.