Senior Marketing Manager, Maternity Cover
Bloomsbury is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager for a 12 month maternity cover contract starting January or ASAP. You will market the Visual Arts list, which sits within Academic – books range from textbooks to beautifully illustrated trade crossover titles to monographs and reference. This role reports in to the Global Academic & Professional Marketing Director.
Bloomsbury is a key player in scholarly publishing and winner of The Bookseller’s Academic, Educational & Professional Publisher of the Year Award 2021. The Academic & Professional Division is expanding and recently acquired Red Globe Press (from Macmillan Education Ltd), Zed Books and Oberon.
You will be promoting high profile and high revenue lists within the Bloomsbury Visual Arts imprint and covering books in Fashion & Textiles, Design, Interior Design, Architecture, Art & Visual Culture.
- Responsible for list strategy, marketing plans, spend and budget – all areas outside Americas, Australia/NZ and India
- Implement all aspects of marketing plans, including: email marketing; web marketing/SEO; social media; print and online advertising; PPC; publicity and review copies; conferences and events; author care; sales materials and support
- Manage the Bloomsbury Fashion Instagram
- Oversight of department’s publicity function
- Line management of three reports (marketing manager; publicist; marketing designer)
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Demonstrable books marketing experience within academic publishing
- People management experience
- Direct experience of all aspects of the marketing mix
- Close liaison with other departments i.e. editorial, sales, production colleagues
- An eye for design and flair for creative visual marketing
- Interest in the visual arts
- Publicity experience
The role is a part-time (30 hours/4 days per week) and temporary (12 month contract) position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 1 day office based / 4 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office day for this role is Wednesday.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 7th November 2021.
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Company contribution depending on age (min. employee contribution = 5%)
Life Assurance – 3 x annual salary
Staff Discount – 50-75% off purchase price
Season Ticket Loan
Ride to Work (bicycle scheme)
Summer Hours – June to August
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
EAP Advice and Counselling service
- Also PERKS AT WORK – discounts and savings including cinema app
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.