An excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic marketer to join the Head of Zeus team. Once in place they will be responsible for managing Head of Zeus’s social media profile, driving community engagement across all our social media platforms, including planning and delivering impactful social media content, researching and analysing social media trends and new opportunities, audience and content analysis and efficacy. Working with all company departments to promote Head of Zeus’s books, authors and company brand through social media channels.
We are looking for a confident content creator who can brief plans for exciting and eye-catching content as well as generating it themselves.
This role will involve assisting the rest of the marketing team in the digital marketing aspects of their campaigns so that they support and align with organic social media output and strategy. As well as helping to manage marketing elements of the HoZ website.
Our ideal candidate is someone efficient, proactive, enthusiastic, and full of ideas, with ideally with some experience within the publishing industry.
Based in our Clerkenwell office this will be a hybrid-working position.
- The lead voice for Head of Zeus social media channels organic output.
- Responsible for managing Head of Zeus’s output on social media and overseeing activity on the individual imprint channels in conjunction with the rest of the marketing team.
- Analysing activity and highlighting successes to develop future strategy and campaign planning
- Whilst also advising early on potential issues and problems
- Supporting the whole marketing team on their campaigns so that there is coordination between paid-for and organic activity
- Highlighting social media and digital marketing opportunities that Head of Zeus can take advantage of.
- Having awareness of social media and digital marketing activity across trade publishing and feeding this into SMP meetings and conversations.
- General ad hoc support for wider digital marketing activities across the marketing team
- Plan content and social activity around key seasonal and publishing moments throughout the year
- Set targets for account growth and engagement stats in conjunction with the Head of Marketing
- Ensure that social media strategies are clear for each imprint and that marketers feed them into title / author SMP plans
- Captioning all videos before they are shared on social media and YouTube
- Influencer Outreach - Coordinating with marketing colleagues, collaborating with influencers on creating content that can be shared/amplified across Head of Zeus channels
- Maintaining the HoZ blogger database (Sharing the blogger sign up form, collating responses and checking each individual sign up for quality before adding to the database)
- Creating and running social media giveaways for imprints and campaigns
- Creating social media and how to guides where necessary to be shared internally and externally with authors and agents
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of planning and publishing output from non-personal social media channels
- Excellent attention to detail and focused on efficiency at all times
- Excellent time-management, prioritisation and organisational skills, with a close eye for detail and keen awareness of deadlines
- Experience of multi-tasking and prioritising a busy work-load with competing demands on your time
- Ability to adapt to changing daily tasks time
- Willingness to explore new opportunities and bring these to the rest of the team
- Have a passion for engaging consumers and influencers as well as ideas of how to build this further for HoZ
- Strong IT skills, particularly Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word and Teams
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London Head of Zeus office 5-8 Hardwick Street, London, EC1R 4RG on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). There are not allocated office days for this role.
As an Early Careers role, this position is eligible for Bloomsbury’s Rental Deposit Loan Scheme. To assist candidates who want to start and to establish a career in publishing, Bloomsbury offers an interest-free rental deposit to support securing somewhere to live. The rental deposit loan can be up to £3,000 and will be paid back over 2 years.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by Thursday 1st December 2022.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
Two paid Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom, Disability, Mental Health, Pride and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 12 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The Book Trade Charity provide financial assistance for people looking to get into the publishing industry; you can find more information and talk directly here: http://booktradeentrysupport.org
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.