We are looking for an experienced and innovative Web Product Manager, to join our Digital Marketing & Website team, reporting to the Head of Website. Our team is responsible for the Bloomsbury.com, Bloomsburyprofessional.com and Ospreypublishing.com websites.
As a Web Product Manager, you will help to ensure our websites deliver an excellent user experience to our direct customers and wider audiences, working with the website and project office teams on the management of the enhancements and development roadmap.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the success of our websites which sell and promote Bloomsbury’s diverse range of publishing lists, including Academic & Professional, Children’s, Education, Harry Potter, Fiction, and Non-Fiction products.
- Track and record user engagement and optimize user journeys
- Lead programmes of user experience research to ensure that we understand our users’ online user journeys and needs, deciding on the best method to use in each case (e.g. interviews, focus groups, card sorting, usage analytics)
- Capture findings from user experience research and translate into clear and prioritized business requirements
- Produce wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes as appropriate to assist with user research, internal discussion and presenting to stakeholders
- Ensure a programme of continuous improvement, encompassing visual design, information architecture, navigation and user flow
- Write user stories for developers, detailing requirements
- Monitor sites for bugs and improvements, respond to stakeholder requests for product enhancements, and prioritise requirements based on business priority
- Liaise with the project office team for major enhancement projects
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Significant demonstrated experience of digital product management, with a demonstrable record of delivering successful digital products
- Experience of JIRA or similar software development tools
- Understanding of the needs of website users
- Understanding of project management & development processes
- Experience of gathering & interpreting web usage analytics
- Experience of conducting quantitative and qualitative market research
- Excellent implementation and time-management skills
- A firm grasp of web usability issues
- An excellent eye for detail and a logical, problem-solving approach
The role is a full-time permanent position.
The role is based at our London office 50 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3DP on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred). Allocated office days for this role are: Monday and Tuesday
Please apply with a CV and covering letter addressed to Human Resources (Word or PDF format only) via the ‘APPLY NOW’ button detailing how you meet the requirements outlined above for this role by 6th June 2022.
Bloomsbury reserve the right to close the role early if we exceed the required number of applications
As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- 2 Personal Wellness Days
Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
Season Ticket Loan
Eyecare Voucher Scheme
That Day – online fitness classes, mindfulness, cookery classes, workshops etc.
Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (BAME, Disability, Mental Health, LGBTQ+ and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 15 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
For additional benefits see below
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.
Bloomsbury Publishing Plc.
Bloomsbury Publishing is a leading independent publishing house, established in 1986, with authors who have won the Nobel, Pulitzer and Booker Prizes, and is the originating publisher and custodian of the Harry Potter series. Bloomsbury has offices in London, New York, New Delhi, Oxford and Sydney. Within Bloomsbury’s Academic division, it publishes under Bloomsbury, as well as under a number of prestigious and historic imprint names. Read Our Story for how it all began.
Bloomsbury is committed to creating a working environment that stimulates creativity and collaboration, is respectful of difference, is inclusive and ethical in its practice, and promotes well-being. We are determined to nurture and develop our employees to reach their highest potential, and we know that our success is down to the passion, commitment and hard work of our talented people. We recognise the urgent need to attract and support applicants from all backgrounds and identities to become part of the global publishing industry, allowing diverse voices to reflect and shape our culture and society.
Please read more on our Missions and Values here.
Please read our environmental policy here.