Editorial Apprentice, BoF Insights
The Business of Fashion is seeking an Editorial Apprentice to provide editorial and operational support to our data and analysis think tank, BoF Insights. BoF Insights arms global fashion and luxury companies with in-depth research reports, bespoke advisory and training. This is an exciting, 12-month opportunity reporting to the Associate Director of Editorial Strategy.
With an organised and meticulous approach to work, you will have strong editorial skills and a passion for the fashion business. You will be supporting our team based in London and New York with project management and report production, including proofreading, chart development and image research, while occasionally writing and sub-editing copy. You will support the production of The State of Fashion report series, produced in collaboration with McKinsey & Company, in addition to other research and analysis.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion," “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and "The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis and Careers. BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students, and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
To be successful in this role:
- You will ensure the smooth running of the BoF Insights team based in London and New York through coordination with the newsroom, marketing, design, social media and other parts of BoF
- You will make sure the existing BoF Insights processes are followed, e.g. file naming, archiving
- You will conduct fact checking and other research for the team across a broad range of assigned topics
- You will support the development of project plans
- You will support client needs and requests
- You will ensure the accurate and efficient production and formatting of written content, including within our in-house CMS
- You will image research to identify appropriate, on-brand visuals to support research and analysis
- You will Sub-edit and proofread written content to ensure it is free of errors and adheres to our house style
- You will write marketing copy as needed
- You will promote a culture of excellence through outstanding attention to detail
Who You Are
You are embarking on your editorial journey, with a passion for best-in-class publishing. With effective communication skills and an energetic can-do attitude, you perform well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a strong sense of accountability and attention to detail.
Outside of that, you have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Exceptional communication skills
- Clear, concise and accurate writing in various formats
- Exceptional proofreading and sub-editing skills
- An analytical and creative flair, reflected in chart ideas and image selection
- An understanding of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Google Sheets and Slides, along with online publishing tools
- An ability to thrive and maintain professionalism in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
You’ll Know You’re Successful When…
- You collaborate seamlessly across departments and are known for your ability build strong relationships, receiving strong feedback from others at BoF and from clients
- Research and analysis is published smoothly and on time
- Research and analysis is high quality, published according to our house style and free of errors
- You have a clear understanding of BoF’s tone of voice and the BoF Insights brand