Be a part of one of the fastest growing independent publishers in the UK
Boldwood is an award-winning independent global fiction publishing house launched in February 2019, with its first titles published in August 2019. The company has published over 400 titles in ebook, audiobook and multi-print formats, signed over 100 authors and sold over 11 million books across the world. Boldwood publishes the very best in commercial fiction across crime and thriller, women’s fiction, romance, historical fiction, saga and reading group fiction.
Boldwood was awarded Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2022 Independent Publishing Awards.
About the role
The Production Manager will have overall responsibility for managing the Boldwood workflow and production schedule for all formats, ensuring every title is delivered to critical path and to the highest possible standard. The role requires exceptional organisation, prioritisation and communication skills, as well as a keen eye for detail and ability to manage multiple projects and tight deadlines efficiently.
The Production Manager will be open-minded to new ways of working and always be looking for ways to improve the efficiency of our processes.
The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience of working within a busy production department and managing an extensive title list. Strong InDesign / Photoshop skills are important.
This role reports to the Publishing / Sales & Marketing Director. The Boldwood team is based from home, nationwide, and as such we welcome applicants located anywhere in the UK.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing production for new titles from final manuscript through to Ebook creation, POD, Large Print and Hardback
- Direct responsibility for all format creation for a section of the title list
- Liaising with the Managing Editor on text delivery and formatting
- Liaising with freelance cover designers on files and full layouts, to deliver titles to critical path
- Preparing costings for POD and large print runs, and ownership of keeping costs to budget
- B Format Paperback production for additional retailers as needed
- Management of the day-to-day relationship with CPI, Lightning Source, Amazon POD and other future print partners
- Work with the CEO to manage the traditional print schedule with print retail partners including POs processing; order chasing; schedule planning; distribution liaison
- Troubleshooting print distribution errors with Amazon and Lightning Source as needed
- Line management of Production Assistant
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1 A4 page to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is midnight Sunday 19th February 2023, but early applications will be prioritised. This role is open to applicants based nationwide. The salary will be up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience.
For more information about Boldwood Books please visit www.boldwoodbooks.com or follow @BoldwoodBooks on Twitter.