Employment type: Part-time (3 days per week initially)
Reports to: Head of Contracts
Location: Either London or remote working
Salary range: £30,000 to £35,000 p.a. (pro-rated to part-time hours)
Bonnier Books UK are currently recruiting a forward-thinking individual on a part-time (3 days per week) basis to assist in the development and running of the Contracts function within our fast-moving business.
- Expertly draft and negotiate contracts with external parties, seeking instructions from key stakeholders as necessary;
- Efficiently draft contracts either from templates or free-form drafting and in line with company policy and best practice to a high degree of accuracy with excellent competency in English language skills;
- Contracts dealt with will be those for authors, illustrators, designers, photographers, newspapers, merchandise and NDAs amongst others either directly or via agents;
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships with teams across the business at all levels;
- Ad hoc duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Highly and demonstrably experienced to an excellent standard in drafting and negotiating contracts from templates and free-form drafting;
- Adept and experienced contract negotiator;
- High competence in the English language is essential both for writing and speaking;
- Confidence to deal with many different people within and outside of the business at all levels;
- Motivated and keen to deliver a fast, but accurate, turnaround of work;
- Willing to learn and continually improve and develop business processes and personal skills;
- Able to correctly prioritise workload in the most efficient manner;
- Friendly, approachable and able to remain calm under pressure as well as maintaining positive relationships internally and externally;
- Experience in the publishing industry advantageous but not essential; the priority is a high degree of contracts drafting and negotiating experience.
Our main office is at Bloomsbury Square, London but in order to secure applications from the most suitable candidates we are delighted to offer 100% remote working for this role (within the UK). Laptop will be provided but a suitable internet connection is essential.
If you are interested in this role, please apply via our website. We look forward in hearing from you.
Bonnier Books UK is committed to building a diverse workforce through positive action. Currently, Black, Asian and Multi-Ethnic employees are under-represented in our workforce and we actively encourage applicants from these groups. For further information, please read our Diversity & Inclusion Action Plan here.
Bonnier Books is home to 13 adult and children’s imprints, publishing across a wide variety of genres, for different ages. From crime to reading group fiction; memoir to self-help; activity to reference – we believe every book matters.
Bonnier Books UK is owned by Bonnier Books, a family-owned company headquartered in Sweden. Bonnier Books is a top-15 world publisher.